The CUSTOM BIKE-SHOW fair opened its doors today in Bad Salzuflen, Germany and METZELER unveiled the new CRUISETEC . These Custom Touring tyre are designed to optimise the performance of modern V-Twins and the ones from the past. The Metzeler Cruisetec Tyres are intended for motorcyclists who want to get the most out of their motorcycles in terms of handling and grip.
With the new Metzeler CRUISETEC, the company extends its successful V-Twin range towards performance-oriented use. This tyre upgrades the handling of current and older motorcycles, featuring remarkable grip even in wet conditions. It is a ground-breaking performance consistency and innovative stability features. Cruisetec features ground-breaking specifications for tread pattern, compound recipe, and carcass specifications in the production of tyres for V-Twin motorcycles.
METZELER has developed the CRUISETEC types to respond to the needs of motorcyclists, who, increasingly look for emotional, carefree riding and live their riding passion on V-Twin machines. It is for the riders who can customise their rides with performance in mind. CRUISETEC has been designed to couple with the latest generation of Cruisers and Tourers. The manufacturers in the segment are equipping with high-rated performance parts and the latest electronic rider aids. With the METZELER CRUISETEC tyre, these motorcycles can express their full potential for agility, increased lean angles, improved stability, comfort, shorter stopping distance and faster cornering. All this has even possible With a ground-breaking combination of technological features and industry leading innovations. The experience for V-Twin riders and newer riders will be alike and can enjoy a perfected riding performance, confidently confirming Metzeler’s product tagline “Performance Perfected”.
The new METZELER CRUISETE tyres will allow the rider to enjoy:
- Performance-cruising which means great handling, line taking and line holding, Immediate response at all stages also in wet conditions and enhanced cornering grip and safety.
- Performance consistency which means handling is preserved throughout the entire tyre lifespan thanks to the combination of a solid tread pattern with its constant-curvature contours and dual-compound layout and preserve the tyre profile thanks to wear evenness.
- Smooth and effortless riding thanks to maximised line holding when entering and maintaining lean angles and comfort.
- Enhanced confidence and safety, also in the wet, which derives from the effective interaction of the tyre with electronic rider aids.
METZELER CRUISETEC tyre is designed to respond to the need of V-Twin performance-riding. It complements the METZELER portfolio for V-Twins, which now consists of:
- CRUISETEC, perfecting the performance of yesterday’s and today’s V-Twins;
- ME 888 Marathon™ ULTRA featuring an incredibly wide range which includes whitewalls, orange-wall and extra-wide sizes;
- ME77 Perfect, a vintage tread pattern developed to upgrade the ride of old-school customisations.
The new METZELER CRUISETEC tyre will be available starting from January 2019.