Triumph Motorcycles India Private Limited unveiled their classic cruiser on September 18, 2014, from their global range, the Truimph Thunderbird LT, for the Indian market. Priced at INR 15.75 lakh (ex-showroom price: Delhi) the Thunderbird LT will be the twelfth motorcycle from the brand and it joins the like Thunderbird Storm Rocket III Roadster.
Vimal Sumbly, Managing Director, Triumph Motorcycles India Pvt. Ltd. said “The last 10 months have been extraordinary for Triumph Motorcycles in India. The run has been nothing less than brilliant with 8 functional dealerships successfully selling over 835 motorcycles (Bookings & Retails). The excitement and enthusiasm we have seen for Triumph has been inspiring to say the least! The launch of Thunderbird LT stems from the kind of response we get from our patrons and brand enthusiasts via dealers or social networks. We have realized that there is an inherent need for premium cruisers among the Indian audience, they are looking to travel and explore the lovely country side and that’s where Thunderbird LT fits in. It is classic cruiser with great looks, superb performance, handling, and class leading comfort. With an attractive price it is sure to take the country by ‘Storm’! With this addition Triumph Motorcycles will now offer three motorcycles for consumers interested in the cruiser segment. We are confident; the motorcycle will gain a fantastic response.”
Thunderbird LT tech specs:
- Flexible 1699cc parallel twin delivers a torque rich spread of performance for minimum gear-shifting and optimum highway cruising
- Ultra-wide wire-spoked wheels with the World’s first white walled radial tyres
- Shrouded forks, quick-detach wind-shield, detachable leather saddlebags and deep, custom-style mudguards
- Advanced ergonomic refinement, including dual-layer foam seat with lumbar support
- Two year unlimited mileage warranty as standard
Thunderbird LT (Light Touring) is designed to make each and every journey the trip of a lifetime, transporting you with effortless power and style to new adventures with the easy-going, laid-back vibe of a premium classic touring cruiser.
As a standard package, the LT has a pair of removable leather saddle bags, auxiliary spot lamps and the World’s first real white-walled radial motorcycle tyres riding on wide, wire-spoke rims. The ergonomics feature a completely redesigned, reshaped seat, with deeper foam padding and lumbar support for maximum comfort, while maintaining a low seat height to accommodate all sizes of rider.
The Thunderstorm LT has a distinctive, charismatic parallel twin engine and class-leading chassis package that serves to underline Triumph’s commitment to handling excellence and manageability. Riders of all experience and riding styles will feel instantly at ease with the LT, able to relax and enjoy the ride for many thousands of miles to come.
- The heart of the new LT is the world’s largest parallel twin motorcycle engine – 1699cc
- The eight-valve DOHC motor produces 94PS at 5400rpm and a whopping 151Nm of torque at a lowly 3550rpm.
- The enormous thrust from its pair of saucer-sized forged pistons and uneven, long-stroke 270° firing interval create a classic big-twin feel, perfect for long distances with a easy-going groove.
- The LT’s awesome engine potential is harnessed by a progressive throttle, highly accurate fuel mapping, cutting edge sequential fuel injectors, a positive six-speed gearbox and a belt final drive for the convenience of low maintenance and long life.
- All this technology helps to get unrivalled civility from the top end of first gear to the bottom end of top gear.
- The riding position and wind management allow the rider to a relaxed and less fatigued ride to their destination.
- Both the rider and pillion seats are made from a dual-layer, dual-density foam which is soft and pliant on first feel but compresses to a firmer, more supportive resistance.
- The rider’s seat is carefully shaped to distribute pressure evenly, with wide, flared sides and a dedicated lumbar support pad at the rear.
- The pillion seat and back-rest are similarly constructed from the same dual-layer, dual-density foam to ensure the passenger shares the same level of comfort. The seat cover material was chosen for its elasticity, always following the contours of the seat, retaining its shape and reducing uncomfortable high pressure spots.
- The LT also has a look-over windshield which is secured firmly in place by spring-loaded retainers yet, when unlocked, can be detached by hand in a matter of seconds to give a completely different look and feel to the bike.
- The three colour options for this beast are – Caspian Blue, Crystal White & Lava Red, and Phantom Black